FM Mount

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
Has anyone tried the FM Mount. I really like the idea, and anything to reduce the number of wires and increase ease of operation sounds great.
Does it actually work, ie does your radio actually pick up the signal?
Andy

It all depends on the signal strength in your location.
Some users report it can hardly be heard and others love it.

As Pedro2nr noted it all depends on who is doing the review. The biggest problem with these fim units is that you are actually using a small transmitter for the sound. You must find a clear frequency in your area and for some that has been difficult. As you may be traveling from one area to another you might find that what was a clear frequency in one place is not in another and you will have to change. As I have no experience with this transmitter I can not tell you about the ease or difficulty of that process. Since you are dealing with a true radio transmission you are vulnerable to interference (not so much on FM but it can happen) and a potential (cannot be more definite since I have not tested this unit) loss of audio quality. If you are not one of the super demanding audiophiles you might not notice it. If you do try one post back and let us know your thoughts.

I am using the FM transmitter a lot. The sound is good. The only problem is that you have to change frequency some times when you travel from one city to another, but it is quite fast to do that.

That is a common problem with using FM transmitter. I have one for my iPod, and there are times when I'm driving that the channel I'm using is in use and have to find another clear channel.

Has anyone tried the FM Mount. I really like the idea, and anything to reduce the number of wires and increase ease of operation sounds great.
Does it actually work, ie does your radio actually pick up the signal?
Andy

I used it to travel across North America. I could never get a perfectly clear signal. Music quality is poor. Volume was fine because you can manually crank it on the radio. But there was a lot of interference---a lot more than Garmin's which was crystal clear.

Ask a Question