Firmware Downgrading

I have recently upgraded to App7.120 using TTH, and now would like to go back to App6.56. Is this advisable? If it is, what do I need? Unfortunately, the first backup I did, prior to the upgrade, got over written by my most recent backup (didn't know it'd get overwritten).

I noticed that my device got slower (time to lock into a sat, load up times, etc.) Hence, the reason I'd like to downgrade.

Any help/comment will be appreciated, just don't flame on this noob ;) .

Other info:
TomTom One 2nd Edition (v4 out of the box loaded with 665.1293 USA/Canada map, and of course, with App 6.56)

I have recently upgraded to App7.120 using TTH, and now would like to go back to App6.56. Is this advisable? If it is, what do I need? Unfortunately, the first backup I did, prior to the upgrade, got over written by my most recent backup (didn't know it'd get overwritten).

I guess you can try a third-party source as mentioned above, or you will have to contact TomTom directly, and try pleading your case.

From what I've been able to discover, the speed issue seems to be related to the processor of your device. The main CPU of the "Hammerhead" GPS chip set equipped One is being pushed to its maximum processing capacity. The user interface AND the busier core navigation engine you just upgraded are both sharing the already taxed main CPU capabilities.

Users in Europe that have the SiRFFIII chip set don't seem to be seeing a significant performance change. The SiRFFIII GPS chip set has a dedicated processor that does not draw any cycles off the main processor. I'm afraid your TomTom's speed is a casualty of a manufacturing cost-cutting initiative.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies fellas. Rep for the first 3 responses.

I was able to revert my device to its original state using the file from 46jimbo's link. I now have the quicker "sat-lock-in" response, once again.

The Mapshare/v675.1409 NA map combo makes the App 7.120 upgrade worth it, which I have running on a 2gig SD card. I will switch between the two functions depending on my mood ;) . Looks like the latter will be the preferred choice: functionality over speed.

Again, thanks for the responses. This forum kicks a**! :D

Ask a Question