Firmware 8.014

Hello TT'ers,
I've recently purchased a TomTom XL 330 S and it came with the latest and greatest firmware, 8.014 and the USA_and_Canada map is 725.1914 (not sure if this is more recent than the plain 725). Everything works great except that when connected to the computer and TomTom Home v2.3, the function "Operate my XL" doesn't work. Has anyone got this version and experienced this? In the past, when TT issues a new firmware, is this problem common and is resolved by updating the TT Home application? I am just worried and wanted to make sure that my GPS is not the one that has problem. Thanks in advanced.

Hello TT'ers,
I've recently purchased a TomTom XL 330 S and it came with the latest and greatest firmware, 8.014 and the USA_and_Canada map is 725.1914 (not sure if this is more recent than the plain 725). Everything works great except that when connected to the computer and TomTom Home v2.3, the function "Operate my XL" doesn't work. Has anyone got this version and experienced this? In the past, when TT issues a new firmware, is this problem common and is resolved by updating the TT Home application? I am just worried and wanted to make sure that my GPS is not the one that has problem. Thanks in advanced.

Normally, in a situation like this, when you click on 'Operate My Unit', a screen appears saying you need to download a file to get the emulator (Operate My ...) to work. Were you not offered that?

Try one more time. If it isn't offered, call TT Support. They have been known to send the file in an email.

...Were you not offered that?

No, I wasn't offered. Everytime I click, an error page turned up with the following message

"The following problem occurred, but functionality may not be available. This function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system."

It seems like TomTom may not have the virtual software release yet for this firmware

That seems to be the case. I have called the customer service and after describing the problem andinvestigation, they concluded that the current TT Home 2.3 doesn't support the 8.014 on my device. Had to wait 'till a newer HOME comes out.

I thought the latest application number was 8.010. You're saying yours is 8.014??

Yeah, that's right. The customer service was also surprised that I got that version and asked where I bought it. Maybe a certain batch of GPS slipped the crack.

You might have Home "copy to computer" that application, and then remove/delete that application with Home.

Then go to updates, and it should offer to download 8.01. If that gives you even more problems, you could remove it and have Home reload 8.014.

Hello TT'ers,

I have the same series; XL 330...exchanged for another one last week and it had the newer v8.014. Have same problem "Operate My XL"..doesn't do anything. I don't think they've established a function yet for the 300 models and yet they've come out with the 700, 900 etc. No updates at all for map correctons for these 300 series. Plus, in general, if you want to add/delete you have to go through TT online... This is a problem, for that is what I did late Dec (Xmas gift from daughter)..went to TT site, tried to download a voice 0.2MB, said I had to delete 6+mb..didn't make sense, but download stopped halfway. Now, all of a sudden, I got a full colored pixeled screen?? Took it back to BBuy and got another one with the 8.014 (not knowing). I think they should get their site "debugged", for I won't download anything that seemingly corrupts your unit. Doug

Hello TT'ers,

I have TomTom Home 2.5, and it won't work with 8.014 either.

TomTom probably knows by now that there is a bug in 8.014 so keep an eye out for the next updated firmware it should be fixed by then.

Ask a Question