Favorites being wiped clean after map upgrade?

Ok folks - here's my first post regarding my 920 T that I just bought last Saturday. I noticed when I FINALLY got the new 715 map that the few favorites that I did store in it were all wiped clean. My home address was removed as well. I figure this is a normal process when a new map is installed on the machine, and if this is the case is there a way that I can find the file that stores all my favorites and reapply it to the new map when I update it later in the future. I mean, I figure after a while I'll be collecting a ton of favorites and don't want to pain-stakingly reload them in my TT.

Also, how often do you guys typically buy new maps? I mean, they are extremely expensive, so I figure once a year if that should be adequate right?

Ok folks - here's my first post regarding my 920 T that I just bought last Saturday. I noticed when I FINALLY got the new 715 map that the few favorites that I did store in it were all wiped clean. My home address was removed as well. I figure this is a normal process when a new map is installed on the machine, and if this is the case is there a way that I can find the file that stores all my favorites and reapply it to the new map when I update it later in the future. I mean, I figure after a while I'll be collecting a ton of favorites and don't want to pain-stakingly reload them in my TT.

Also, how often do you guys typically buy new maps? I mean, they are extremely expensive, so I figure once a year if that should be adequate right?

If you did do a backup when you got the unit, you can copy the mapsettings.cfg from the map folder in the backup to your new map folder in the unit and get our favourites and other settings back.

Ask a Question