Extracting speed cam info

Can you clarify what you mean by 'extract' please? Are you referring to TomTom's Speed Cam data or a 3rd party?

I would like to find all the files for the speed cameras , then convert them to GPX . I have LR2 and I understand that it only works with GPX files.

Any 3rd party cam files that you might have added can be converted to *.gpx files, but those supplied by TomTom cannot.

What is LR2?

Thanks canderson , LR2 is a freelander 2 . Do you know of a pgm that will convert files ?
I have downloaded POI from a few sites and I can't get them to work . I download the zip file , unzip it to a formatted USB. In the car I go through all the instructions and the ones that work only have 2 POI and the ones that don't work say corrupt file . The one that says corrupt file is from a reputable site , Archie's campsites .

Hard to say since we haven't seen the file! Can you successfully attach the file to a message here if you compress it to ZIP format? If so, leave it for me here, and I'll try to do the conversion with my own tools.

Hard to say since we haven't seen the file! Can you successfully attach the file to a message here if you compress it to ZIP format? If so, leave it for me here, and I'll try to do the conversion with my own tools.

thanks again guys , hope you can do somthing with this zip file .. its campsites in the uk

Attachments

• POIs.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 294
Here you go - a pair of GPX files. Let me know how these work out for you.

Attachments

• CaravanGPX.zip
    64.8 KB · Views: 291
Thanks very much , 1 worked "CL" the other installed ok but the car says there isn't anything local (which there is)
What PGM did you use ?

POIEdit.

Can you tell me which file was giving you trouble (nothing local), and what "local" means to you, at least approximately? I can look at the file content directly to see what's near.

The file that says nothing local is the caravan club file .. I'm in Hamilton Scotland and there is a caravan club site on the outskirts of Hamilton as the crow flies about 3 miles .
The one that worked had a CL site over 8 miles away

Afraid the file is what it is in terms of content. I have that smaller file up on a map, and the closest two are Edinburgh to the NE and Ayr (give or take) to the SW. See the blue flags. See attached jpg.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 343
Thanks again , they are campsites closer , it might be that the original file is wrong.

What PGM do you use to convert the files ?

Here's how the larger file looks.

As noted above, POIEdit.
I am using a Garmin program called Mapsource to display the gpx data.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 354

Ask a Question