Euro TomTom 930 Conversion

I'm not clear what you're asking. What previous owner? What files removed by a previous owner?

I bought it off of craigslist... and i was just thinking that if the person before was playing around with it, all of the files might not be there that are supposed to be there.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Craiglist certainly is not listed as a 'registered seller' of TomTom products and, as such, I suspect you can forget about any latest map guarantee or warranty committment from TT.

If it boots up and runs, would be a pretty good indication that the files you need are there.

Any other ideas as to why the ASR isn't working? If I buy a newer version of the map, would it come with newer ASR files?

If I buy a newer version of the map, would it come with newer ASR files?
I have yet to see which FirmWare you are using.
Here is a screen print of the files in the ASR Folder of 800.1762. Compare them to yours. If some are missing, eMail me and I will send them to you. The whole thing is only 19.4 MB so it's OK if you have DSL.

How well is the ASR supposed to work? Yesterday I tried to find Richmond BC, and it found Princeton BC. Any other city I try just comes back with the not found error sound. I don't have an accent so it's not like it shouldn't understand me, and the euro maps understand me quite well.

Arno, I'm running 8.300 (if that's the number that shows in the lower right above the GPS signal.

Pedro2NR, I'll try your ASR tonight.

Thanks

Arno, I'm running 8.300 (if that's the number that shows in the lower right above the GPS signal.
Did you compare the files in your ASR folder with the list of files in my 800.1762 North_America map as per the list inder the link?

Did you compare the files in your ASR folder with the list of files in my 800.1762 North_America map as per the list inder the link?

Will be doing that tonight before I try Predro's ASR files.

I have yet to see which FirmWare you are using.
Here is a screen print of the files in the ASR Folder of 800.1762. Compare them to yours. If some are missing, eMail me and I will send them to you. The whole thing is only 19.4 MB so it's OK if you have DSL.

Yes I have all of the files you have.

Try a pin reset.

Did a pin reset... doesn't work

Updated the ASR files with Pedro's files, did a pin reset, and it still didn't work.

Richmond BC is still coming up as Princeton BC as well.

Ask a Question