Enlarging POI icons on your unit

This seems that it would be very effective for speed traps and red light traps!!

I've never noticed icons popping up in that corner before... Of course the speed limit doesn't work in the USA & Canada maps anyways... So I'm not sure how much use that is... Or maybe I'm not completely understanding what they're talking about... Or that doesn't work on the XLS? Or I'm currently sitting in the Twighlight Zone and have no clue what I am talking about.... So I'll just shutup now. ;)

I've never noticed icons popping up in that corner before... Of course the speed limit doesn't work in the USA & Canada maps anyways... So I'm not sure how much use that is... Or maybe I'm not completely understanding what they're talking about... Or that doesn't work on the XLS? Or I'm currently sitting in the Twighlight Zone and have no clue what I am talking about.... So I'll just shutup now. ;)

Could the larger NA map have speed limits of the highways and the USA and Canada lack this info?

Great find dhn, consider yourself pointed! That provides the answer to a question on high-res icons that I was previously unable to answer:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7220. I will update the thread now...

SShadow, those icons are related to speed camera warnings. It has nothing to do with speed limit data. But, if you have a 'warn when near' alert for a POI, you will see that happening too.

Now if only there were a set to show for Timmy's and Petro Canada Stations, I would be one happy camper eh!

Now if only there were a set to show for Timmy's and Petro Canada Stations, I would be one happy camper eh!

I made a couple for you:
petro_canada.bmp

petro_canada_X2.bmp

tim_hortons.bmp

tim_hortons_X2.bmp

Usage descriptions on my webpage:
>>> Custom POI Icons <<<

Last edited:

Ask a Question