Edit Existing restaurant

TomTom Model(s)
TT One XL-S & TT XXL540TM
Here in CT is a great seafood restaurant in Westbrook, its called Lenny's & Joes Fish Tale, they have two locations one in Madison (take out only) which shows up fine in a poi for restaurants search, the one in Westbrook has the same name and is a full service however it shows up as Fish Tale, which is not the name and can be problematic for friends and such when you recommend a place. Any way (short of creating a new poi and catagory) to edit the exiting poi for name?

Here in CT is a great seafood restaurant in Westbrook, its called Lenny's & Joes Fish Tale, they have two locations one in Madison (take out only) which shows up fine in a poi for restaurants search, the one in Westbrook has the same name and is a full service however it shows up as Fish Tale, which is not the name and can be problematic for friends and such when you recommend a place. Any way (short of creating a new poi and catagory) to edit the exiting poi for name?

I do not believe you can edit one of the supplied poi's in the way you want, only a custom one as you have suggested.

Thanks, I was afraid that was the case,I hate having to create a replica catagory for something that should be simple, like modifying a poi.

As noted above, you can't edit the TT POIs. What you can do, at least on a 720, is get your own POIs to show in the TT POI groups.

See these posts:

http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10873
and
http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10872

In your case you would create a new POI category e.g. Rest_Corr and enter your corrected POI in that group.

Then, using Notepad, create a file with 3 blank lines, followed by *7315 (the code for Restaurant) on the fourth line.

Save the file as myPOIfile.inf where "myPOIfile" is the name of YOUR POI file (Rest_Corr.inf in the example above), and put it in the same place as the POI file itself (i.e. your map folder).

You won't see your new category in the POI list but if you search using the Restaurant category, you will find your new entry for Lenny's & Joes.

Hope it works on a TT One XL-S as well.

I corrected the location of a TomTom map POI restaurant with "Map Corrections". You apparently can edit POI's to correct the location like I did (for one that was 1/4 mile off), and also edit the name and phone number (and delete it - if you had a bad meal....ha ha).

I am using NA Map 720 on a 910.

Last edited:
Thanks TwoTier

Thanks TwoTier, that worked great, a pain but still better than doubling every catagory.

Thanks TwoTier, that worked great, a pain but still better than doubling every catagory.

Glad it was useful. Perhaps you should report it via Mapshare Corrections (if you haven't already) so we can all benefit in the future.

For me, the driver to find a solution was that the entries in the POI files I'm using for PHL Airport terminals. The descriptions were so long you couldn't see the terminal names on the screen. So there were about 10 entries that all looked the same! On top of that, most were incorrectly located anyway.

Ask a Question