Eclipse Audio System with TomTom Duo

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2 / Jetta MK5
348636395_48a3b6b178.jpg

348637948_5c34b9a222.jpg

348639475_b7499b452b.jpg

348640943_22eb27c8ef.jpg

Last edited:
pics are a bit large... looks like someone's trying to make a quick buck too. Ah, but aint that the American way! :D

Well the TT is a Portable Navigation Device right? This setup is trying to integrate it.

i'm not knocking it at all. I mean if I had my choice of NAVigation it would definately be a TomTom.

I guess i need more coffee to make better sense... brb

I think the pictured setup blows, to tell you the truth. Too squared off, and feels like it's just mashed together. What happens if TT breaks or gets lost? Now you have a gaping hole in your dash. I just think that this is too forced of a concept.

Maybe they are now trying to compete with the built-in NAVs? I see that the TT Duo pops out thus could be called "portable".... and maybe this solution is perfect for someone who uses their TT in mainly one car. But I'll stick with my ONE, thank you very much!

Yes, I believe that is what they are trying to do, compete with built-in NAV's. I like how they are trying to integrate the PND to the audio system but I think the design is a bit bulky imho.

Nice pics though.

Yeah, I like the integration with the radio, you have to believe that the TT instructions would be broadcast over your radio's speakers with this setup.

Popular Mechanics give the Eclipse Editor's choice award.

I'm all TomTom, but I don't think it's fair.;)

That thing is butt ugly I dont like it I like my one and it has a lovly home in my truck and i dint have to cut the dash or find some fancy way to stick it on my dash.
I should take a picture of it and post it

I was reading through the FAQ on the Fujistsu (Eclipse) website and one of the questions was if there was something that can be put in place of the portable TomTom unit when it's removed. The answer was yes. There is an optional piece that can be put there to act as a cover when the TomTom unit is not being used.

I was reading through the FAQ on the Fujistsu (Eclipse) website and one of the questions was if there was something that can be put in place of the portable TomTom unit when it's removed. The answer was yes. There is an optional piece that can be put there to act as a cover when the TomTom unit is not being used.

That at least is ok. I remember thinking about the hug void in the middle when you take the device out.

Ask a Question