DriveDrive with my TomTom

I am a new owner of a GO910. I must say it is great to have something to spice up the time spent on Southern California roads.

After using a friends Magellan on a trip to Branson, MI, I decided to get a GPS. Spent a lot of time checking out the various units. Decided on TOMTOM because I am a long-time MAC addict.

This thing is just too cool!! Too bad my car is too old to take advantage of the MP3 player, and my cell-phone is not compatible with the unit.

Just means I gotta buy a new car and phone!

I just need to find out if I can use the security feature. I suspect it is not a MAC feature since I cannot find any way to set the code on TomTom home.

I really like the feature that speaks the street names and such, although I already found several the unit has butchered pretty badly. Just like tourists!! Its a hoot since I use a British voice.....

Thanx TomTom, I look forward to visiting here often...

Crashdude

P.S. Another question, can I change the ARROW to a VEHICLE?
AND one for TomTom officials: The one thing I did like about Magellan is the chime you get when you successfully negotiate a turn or instruction. Could we get an option like that?

O.K. Done now....
Maybe....

Last edited:
Hello and welcome crashdude.

Great to know you like your 910. Text to speech is something I can't do without :).
Try using Dave; his voice sounds the most realistic out of all the computer voices.

Sorry to say but the arrow can't be change; not even the color. :(

There are no options that would give a chime. Sounds like a good option to have.

Also, the security feature is not mac-compatible. I hope an update fixes this among other things for the mac!

Ask a Question