Does anyone know how to change the start up picture?

Hi, does anyone know how to change the start up picture with my tomtom one. I just purchased it today and it would be awesome if I can change the start up picture with the Nissan logo to it. Thanks a lot!

You can also change the shutdown screen. It used to be called suspend.bmp, but in the version 7 software it seems to have been changed to antitheft.bmp.

The picture has to be a 320x240 bmp. You can start with just about anything and convert/shrink it with a graphics manipulation program. I've got pictures of my grandchildren, which started out as hi-res jpgs.

Chevy splash/antitheft logo

Good stuff on this site, here is my little tweak.
Good if you like Chevy!!!!

Change title to (splash) for intro pick or change title to (antitheft) for exit pic.
Works on 3.5 size screens.

Attachments

• 272681234_fa380581f3.jpg
    272681234_fa380581f3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,359
Last edited:
I am new to TT. I just bought the TT one XL and I have done ever thing ya'll have said and all I get is a Grey screen where the Pic. should be.....What am I doing wrong:confused:

Couple of things come to mind:
1) The XL is a larger image than on the TT ONE, so you cannot use the 320x240 pixel dimensions. You must use 480 x 272 pixels for the wider screen
2) It must be saved as a *.bmp file type
3) Must be named splash.bmp

Hi, does anyone know how to change the start up picture with my tomtom one. I just purchased it today and it would be awesome if I can change the start up picture with the Nissan logo to it. Thanks a lot!

Choose any picture you want:
then go to here: http://neilstyles.com/generator.php
send the picture to them and they will sed it back to you the right size to work on your TomTom.
Rename it "splash.bmp"
copy it to your TomTom
It will overwrite the start up screen you have now.
If the size is wrong you will get a white screen on TomTom startup.

Startup and Shutdown Screens

You can get TT to use your same startup screen for shutdown as well by disabling "antitheft" in preferences. Seems it will then use splash.bmp for startup AND shutdown....

First thing I did within minutes of getting my tomtom was change the pics to my truck and my engine pic

Attachments

• tomtom start up screen.jpg
    tomtom start up screen.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,108
  • tomtom shut down screen.jpg
    tomtom shut down screen.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,103
Ya'll keep saying copy the splash.bmp to the tomtom but WHERE? I have no splash.bmp anywhere and i get the black screen with the 2 red hands when it starts up??

I do have a suspend.bmp but copying splash.bmp to that same place does nothing...

thanks

They do have to be exactly 320 x 240.
File does have to be a .bmp

You can't just rename a .jpg and call it a .bmp. It has to be converted to a bmp. That's as easy as loading the jpg with Windows 'paint' and then saving it as a bmp.

Last edited:
The splash.bmp and the antitheft.bmp are in the 'root' directoy of the TomTom. If we assume that when you connect the TomTom to your PC and the drive on the TomTom shows up as the E: drive on your PC, then the root directory of the TomTom would be what shows up as E:\

Roger

Ya'll keep saying copy the splash.bmp to the tomtom but WHERE? I have no splash.bmp anywhere and i get the black screen with the 2 red hands when it starts up??

I do have a suspend.bmp but copying splash.bmp to that same place does nothing...

thanks
with your tomtom connected to usb click my computer and under devices with removable storage click tomtom mine is (I: ) on the next screen you will see the files on your tomtom including antitheft and splash those are the 2 to replace if you want to change both.

Also for resizing pics its better to go from a larger pic to a smaller one otherwise it will look pixelated, that might be why that image resizer site didn't work for you I tried it on a large pic and it worked fine.

Last edited:
The splash.bmp and the antitheft.bmp are in the 'root' directoy of the TomTom. If we assume that when you connect the TomTom to your PC and the drive on the TomTom shows up as the E: drive on your PC, then the root directory of the TomTom would be what shows up as E:\

Roger

What is the antitheft.bmp for?

What is the antitheft.bmp for?

One of the settings in Change preferences-->safety preferences-->warn not to leave in car, if checked, will show the 'antitheft' picture as the unit is being powered down.

It's a visual warning, not an audio warning.

I also followed your instructions to the letter on how to change the splash screen to no success, I noticed in the root file previous to replacing that the original file was splashw.bmp as is the antitheft listed as antitheftw.bmp and also when looking at the root files my new splash pic is in there so any other ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance

Ask a Question