Does anyone know how to change the start up picture?

ok changed the file to splashw.bmp and still same thing happening when I click on the file in the root shows up fine, when I used the home software to restore the original came back any other ideas or maybe I will try another pic while waiting for any responses.

Thanks again

I wonder... Do you have you filename extensions hidden? In Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) if you click on TOOLS, FOLDER OPTIONS, VIEW tab, do you have HIDE KNOWN FILE EXTENSIONS clicked?
The reason why I am asking, is I am wondering if your file was named splashw.bmp.bmp... That would cause it to not work....

720 Go

If I have a 720 GO, how come a .bmp file of the correct resolution is just static on the splash screen? Does it need to be a specific DPI? I created the file in GIMP.

Are there specs for the BMP splash screen file?

If I have a 720 GO, how come a .bmp file of the correct resolution is just static on the splash screen? Does it need to be a specific DPI? I created the file in GIMP.

couldn't find any on the tomtom site - they just said BMP.

is it 16 bit, 24 bit, etc

the converter (http://neilstyles.com/generator.php) did not work for me

so in trying to save the file from photoshop (on a mac) i am presented with all sorts of BMP options (see attached)

Attachments

• BMP-options.jpg
    BMP-options.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 412

Ask a Question