"Do you want to connect to Computer?"

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 910; TomTom 540TM
I've searched through the Forum and can't seem to find this discussed anywhere. It's possible that I've missed it, though.

After working without issue for almost a year now, after I turn on my 910, first the splash screen appears followed immediately by the screen that asks whether you want to connect to the computer. The computer screen only used to appear when the 910 was actually connected to the computer. Oddly, when I do connect the 910 to the computer, the computer (running Windows XP) and Home fail to recognize it. Otherwise, the 910 continues to navigate well. I've tried both soft and, what I believe to be, hard resets. I'm running firmware v7.162.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks.

I've searched through the Forum and can't seem to find this discussed anywhere. It's possible that I've missed it, though.

After working without issue for almost a year now, after I turn on my 910, first the splash screen appears followed immediately by the screen that asks whether you want to connect to the computer. The computer screen only used to appear when the 910 was actually connected to the computer. Oddly, when I do connect the 910 to the computer, the computer (running Windows XP) and Home fail to recognize it. Otherwise, the 910 continues to navigate well. I've tried both soft and, what I believe to be, hard resets. I'm running firmware v7.162.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks.

You may wish to visit this link at TomTom:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/category.php?ID=1&Language=1&query=usb+1&FID=7375

Ask a Question