Display Current Coordinates

@Edvins It is very good news that your advice helped @dlinny195 to make that map workable again.

You seem to have helped a great lot of people. Adding an English translation will be extra work but it can be made easier with a translator like Google.
Screen 22-12-12 at 09.20.JPG

If you put 'Google translate' in Cyrillic in a Tab on your web browser you should see the above in Russian.

If you type your text on the left side the translation will show simultaneously on the right.
Copy and paste the right into your TomTomForum reply, then do the same with the left and both versions will be there for all to see and you only had to type it once.
If you write in Latvian and want to display Russian and English it is only one little extra step. After copying and pasting the first translation change the language at the right hand to to the second one and copy it.

Thank you for your advice.Latvian belongs to the Indo-European language family, the Baltic language group.We do not write in Cyrillic but in Latin letters.

I know many tricks about TomTom navigation.But I have difficulties with English.My native language is Latvian.I have used TomTom Go1005 Go600 Go6250 TOMTOM GO EXPERT 7.
I would like to add more. The problem comes back after another switching off/on of the navigator...

@Edvins
Note dlinny195's post above. When you deleted/reinstalled the map, you did NOT see the problem return?

@dlinny195
It is Monday now and we have an explanation for this problem. In the current code build there is a bug that the latitude/longitude choice does not display for any map region where there is no traffic data available! Evidently there is no traffic support by TomTom in Russia.

I cannot imagine what association there is in the code between the problem and traffic data, but TomTom already has a trouble ticket open for this.

Last edited:
@Edvins
Note dlinny195's post above. When you deleted/reinstalled the map, you did NOT see the problem return?

@dlinny195
We have an explanation for this problem. In the current code build there is a bug that the latitude/longitude choice does not display for any map region where there is no traffic data available! Evidently there is no traffic support in Russia.

I cannot imagine what association there is in the code between the problem and traffic data, but TomTom already has a trouble ticket open for this.
Yes, after reinstalling the map, the problem disappeared. But as soon as I turned off and on the navigator, the problem occurred again(. I did this procedure several times and the result is not good... At the moment I don't need to turn off the navigator to be able to enter coordinates...

Yes, the error may return if the device restarts itself or you install updates. Then you have to remove RUS again if you restart and add RUS.Yes, at my initiative an error ticket was opened.

Ask a Question