Weather display on Go Discover 6

Why is the weather not displaying on the Go Discover 6?

Here's the 'standard' instructions:
  • Make sure the device has an internet connection via WiFi or Bluetooth connection
  • Plan a route.
  • When the route is planned go to the 2D map view.
  • On the map tap on the destination icon.
  • Information about the destination should be shown in a pop-up including a section that covers the weather index at the time of arrival.

Interesting -

I fired up my Discover 7, and weather worked just fine the FIRST time I tried it. After that, touching the destination icon brought up the name of the destination, but NO weather information.

I cancelled the route, sent the device to "Sleep", woke it up, and planned the route again, and the weather worked fine, and kept working for this and subsequently planned routes.

Not sure what happened there to me, either. You might want to try sleep cycling the device once to see if the weather info returns.

Thank you for this and I have tried it and it does work in both 2 D and 3 D views. It is a not a groundbreaking item , I just wondered how to view the weather. If we had a decent manul it should show these things but as it is the manual supplied even online is to say the least is not useful. It is where forums like this are very useful, so once again thak you.

Ah, yes. Sorry - thought you were having a different kind of issue. With luck, someone searching for means to see destination Weather will discover this thread in the future!

Ask a Question