Direction of Travel

I have been trying my best to decide on a product to buy and from everything I have seen I really like the TomTom Go 930 (from what I have read this unit should be released very very shortly) but my only concern is direction of travel. Can any of you tell me if the TomTom units will tell you if you are heading N/S/E/W? I believe the garmin units may be able to do this and that is personally the only reason I am remotely considering one. Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

As Mike says, TomTom can definitely tell you which way you're heading. If selected via 'preferences', it will show you a compass in the lower left-hand corner. There are a few option on how it's shown too. The picture below doesn't have the correct aspect ratio of a 9xx or 7xx series, but it's similar. It shows an arrow pointing to the North, with your car's direction spelled out (NE) within the arrow.

tomtom_14.jpg

I have read that in navcore 8 the directional arrow had been removed. Hopefully this was overlooked and will be added. I use this feature and am quite used to having it. Unless you have North to the top, if you are like me, you have no idea what direction you are heading.

Ask a Question