Initial travel direction doesn't make sense

My TT1 3 seems to remember the direction of travel when it was shut off, so that when I ask it to navigate to a new location it calculates a route that starts off in the same direction.

When leaving my house, this results in a path that consists of a wandering 3/4 mile u-shaped route (on several two way roads) to a local main road, when in fact if I just head off in the other direction (the route I take to get home) I am only about 100 yards from this road . I know the area and this isn't a problem at home, but it could lead to some very confusing navigating elsewhere.

What can I do to reset the initial travel direction?

I can force a sensible route by avoiding an area, and so requiring a u turn, but this is very unwieldy.

At worst, it might add half a mile to your route if it heads up the street in the wrong direction. I wouldn't consider this a major problem when you are in unknown territory. Your TomTom will still get you to your destination!

Still, it would be interesting to see if Gilbert's suggestion works.

Ask a Question