Initial travel direction doesn't make sense

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by tomtom steve, Apr 19, 2008.

1. tomtom steve

tomtom steve

My TT1 3 seems to remember the direction of travel when it was shut off, so that when I ask it to navigate to a new location it calculates a route that starts off in the same direction.

When leaving my house, this results in a path that consists of a wandering 3/4 mile u-shaped route (on several two way roads) to a local main road, when in fact if I just head off in the other direction (the route I take to get home) I am only about 100 yards from this road . I know the area and this isn't a problem at home, but it could lead to some very confusing navigating elsewhere.

What can I do to reset the initial travel direction?

I can force a sensible route by avoiding an area, and so requiring a u turn, but this is very unwieldy.

tomtom steve, Apr 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. tomtom steve

Gilbert

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE XL-S
    Try, before shutting off, deleting the route leading where you are. Get back to us if it clears the problem.

Gilbert, Apr 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. tomtom steve

46jimbo

TomTom Model(s):
    TT ONE v1
    At worst, it might add half a mile to your route if it heads up the street in the wrong direction. I wouldn't consider this a major problem when you are in unknown territory. Your TomTom will still get you to your destination!

Still, it would be interesting to see if Gilbert's suggestion works.

46jimbo, Apr 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question