different menus

TomTom Model(s)
go 510
I have 2 510's one running version 6.525 and one running 7.161. The earlier one says it's a 510 but the later version says it's a 710. On the earlier version one I don't seem to have a few options on the display that I have on the later one.
like no vertical status bar option
no speed limit option
only one view options page instead or 3
and several others

is the difference in the versions or do I have a problem. I tried to upload the newer version thru home but it still only loads 6.525
I even tried swapping SD cards but it knows its the wrong card.

I have 2 510's one running version 6.525 and one running 7.161. The earlier one says it's a 510 but the later version says it's a 710. On the earlier version one I don't seem to have a few options on the display that I have on the later one.
like no vertical status bar option
no speed limit option
only one view options page instead or 3
and several others

is the difference in the versions or do I have a problem. I tried to upload the newer version thru home but it still only loads 6.525
I even tried swapping SD cards but it knows its the wrong card.
are you using the latest TTHome version?

--pilsit

yes I have all options are selected and Im not sure on the latest Home version

the one have is 2.5.2.60

I have even tried to trick it by backing up the later and trying to restore it to the former but it wont do it wrong code

got it but when i do a restore it still puts the 6 vers on what do i need to do to get it to recognize the 7 vers inst are really vague

If you downloaded and installed the v7 application, then that is what should be on the unit. Tap the satellite bars and it shows the version number of the application installed. Is it showing v6 or v7?

Try a pin reset. Is it still showing v6?

If still v6, then make a full Explorer backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files and folders are showing.

Now, use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Finally, expand the v7 cab file you downloaded and put the loose files from the cab file into the root of the unit.

Ask a Question