Dead Go910

TomTom Model(s)
Yesterday my Go910 would not turn on :(

I tried pin reset many times w/o success; I the green LED would not come on when placed in the home dock or both of my car chargers.

I promptly called TT support and after being on hold for a surprising 2 minutes, I got a tech, told her the problem and my unsuccessful attempts to correct it; she immediately issued an RMA;

When I spoke w/ the RMA department they told me they were going to replace my Go910 w/ a refurbished Go920...:D

I guess TT has officially declared the Go910 to be dead...

Long of the short - a nice little upgrade....and a pleasant support experience. :eek:

Sounds like bad news - good news. How long have you had the 910 ?

In general I've had a 910 for about 2 years, however I have only had this 910 for a few months, I had 2 previous 910s that had to be RMA'd for various reasons; I also had to RMA my car window mount as well.

I think I read somewhere that 910's came with a 2-year warranty. You may want to check that out. Look in this path:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01\InternalMemory\licences and use Notepad to read the licence for your product.

Nice catch dhn - it is two years for my 910. Unfortunately, while it has been acting up again, I am over the two year limit as of now.

For anyone else with a 910 - this could come in real handy if they purchased it less then two years ago and can find this spelled out in their license file (slightly different path in Vista - but basically the same).

Note - if anyone tries to use it, and has had a repair or replacement during this two year period, don't let TomTom tell you the repairs are only good for 6 months (the normal time), as you have a two year original warranted term - period!

This post got me fired :p

Maybe you should have thought twice before posting what you posted dumbass!!! Why O why would you do such a thing. GRrrrrrr..... dang dawg U knew what you were doing was wrong. U knew the rules now you must suffer the penalty for breaking the rules.

Last edited:
Glad to hear about the job, Neco. Good things happen to good people, you know.

btw, do you use a TomTom to navigate to the new job? Just askin ... :D :D

Ask a Question