Dead 510

Had my 510 mounted, charging, and running.
Started the car.
510 shut down.
I tried resetting, recharging, resetting again - no luck.
Green light is on when it is plugged in but no response to anything.
Any ideas?

Thanks

It almost sounds like something blew.

Have you tried connecting the TT510 to your computer and powering up the device? Perhaps the car charger is bad.

Dead

Yeah it definately blew up!

TomTom support was very good - spent 30 minutes on the phone with me trying different things - to no avail.

Had me send it in- they think something smoked and are fixing it under warrenty. Should have it back in 2 weeks.

I am going through withdrawl without it - didn't realize how much I do rely on it!

TomTom Steps up!!!

I gotta tell everyone - just got a new 510 via FedEx today!!

I can't say enough - sent a dead unit in just over 1 week ago with a holiday in the middle and FedEx showed up today!! I had no clue of what was being delivered so it felt like Christmas when I open the box and found a new 510! Better yet I am leaving for a short driving vacation Sunday and had steeled myself to the fact that I would go without it.

TomTom has not told me what was wrong or what they think happened yet - just that the unit was damaged beyond repair - hence the new one.

This type of customer service needs to be shouted from the tops of every mountain I can find. In a marketplace where it is becoming harder to get a manufacturer to just respond and becoming almost impossible to talk with an actual employee instead of some telephone boiler room halfway around the world - TomTom surprised me! I can't imagine how any manufacturer could have responded any faster or with any more courtesy or respect.

Major Kudos to TomTom you have just created new spokesperson who will
sing your praises - thank you for the pleasant and unexpected surprise.

Glad to hear you got your unit back. I just got mine too :) they replaced it with a new one or I shall say a refurb.

Had my 510 mounted, charging, and running.
Started the car.
510 shut down.
I tried resetting, recharging, resetting again - no luck.
Green light is on when it is plugged in but no response to anything.
Any ideas?

Thanks

let the tomtom510 charging at least 10hours before try anything!

Ask a Question