Creating POI's

I understand the limitation on the number of Favorites and the advantage of creating a new category for POI's (for instance "Friends") them putting all friends there. On the existing POI's there are details that have the address. Is there anyway to add "Details" in the POI's you create? Are there any programs that would let you open your POI (.ov2) and add details? I tried to open the existing POI ov2 files with Tyre and see where the details might be. It will not let me in Tyre or POI-Edit. I can open a Category I created and see the coordinates and even the name. Iwould like to add the address. I might be chasing my tail. Icreated a POI by street address and named it after the person that lives there. I am supposing TomTom directs me there but they don't have house numbers and I need to interpolate from the homes that do have numbers but I am thinking that, I have the name but not the address of the person I'm looking for.

First GPS and have had this 920T for a week. Live in Birmingham, AL and it has worked perfectly. Was concerned about linking it to a phone but went to T-Mobile and there were many phones there that we linked. Wound up with Motorola W490 that work great and was able to pull in the phonebook. I love this forum and the versatility of the TomTom. About 10-12 of us at work have recently acquired GPS's and I believe this TT 920T meets my needs/wants better than any.

I understand the limitation on the number of Favorites and the advantage of creating a new category for POI's (for instance "Friends") them putting all friends there. On the existing POI's there are details that have the address. Is there anyway to add "Details" in the POI's you create? Are there any programs that would let you open your POI (.ov2) and add details? I tried to open the existing POI ov2 files with Tyre and see where the details might be. It will not let me in Tyre or POI-Edit. I can open a Category I created and see the coordinates and even the name. Iwould like to add the address. I might be chasing my tail. Icreated a POI by street address and named it after the person that lives there. I am supposing TomTom directs me there but they don't have house numbers and I need to interpolate from the homes that do have numbers but I am thinking that, I have the name but not the address of the person I'm looking for.

First GPS and have had this 920T for a week. Live in Birmingham, AL and it has worked perfectly. Was concerned about linking it to a phone but went to T-Mobile and there were many phones there that we linked. Wound up with Motorola W490 that work great and was able to pull in the phonebook. I love this forum and the versatility of the TomTom. About 10-12 of us at work have recently acquired GPS's and I believe this TT 920T meets my needs/wants better than any.

I know for a TomTom ONE, T.Y.R.E. allows you to open POIs and add the telephone number and address for the POI.

Follow my link to T.Y.R.E on the following page:
>>> TYRE <<<

I haven't done a write-up on POI usage with TYRE, but here is basically what you do:
1) Run TYRE
2) Go to FILE --> OPEN
3) Select FILES OF TYPE: TomTom POI Files
4) Select the directory of your TomTom with the *.ov2 file
5) Open
6) Once the POI is open, the bottom right of the window you can edit the info there

Can edit name and Phone number but not address

I was able to follow you instructions in Tyre but can't see where to add an address other than to make it part of the name. Thank you for answering.

I guess it would be adding "Details"

Looking at some of the POI's that came on the North American Map directory, they have details. These details are what I would like to be able to add to the "AddPOI"

adding phone numbers is possible with poiedit

I have been playing with this for my customer base. In PoiEdit you add to the name field the following convention -- name address>+1234567890. the > and + are needed to display and be able to call the number from TT

Ask a Question