Need some help in creating ITN files!

Hi Guys,

I have a TomTom Go LIVE 1005 and have only been using it for basic A to B navigation so far. Its my first Sat Nav - and love it!!

Now I would like to create custom routes and have some questions that I hope you can help with. Apologies in advance if they are already answered on the forum, but I tried searching :)

1. Searching on here and web, I found an application called Tyre but it doesn't appear to work on Mac. Can someone suggest a similar application that works for Mac?

2. Also tried using this link Tomtom and Google but it doesn't seem to work for my test route that I mapped out. No idea what I'm doing wrong here!

3. What is the maximum number of waypoints that I can have on a route? I think I saw somewhere that it is 48 but a maximum of 4 waypoints on current TomToms but not sure if that applies to the 1005 or not. If it is only 4 then that is quite limiting.

Cheers,
Rohan

Most normal TomTom units support itineraries with up to 48 waypoints in them, the newer units that rely upon MyTomTom as the interface with the PC can support only 4 waypoints. I think they call it progress but its yet another backward step IMHO.
As your unit only supports 4 waypoints I would think about adding them straight in to the device rather than bothering with planning them on the computer - Mike

Cheers for the quick reply Mike.

Pity that I can only use 4 waypoints...was hoping to plan some extensive driving routes in Wales!

I guess people who have the current models just sub divide their routes to get around this limitation?

I guess people who have the current models just sub divide their routes to get around this limitation?

I'd give it a go!

1. Searching on here and web, I found an application called Tyre but it doesn't appear to work on Mac. Can someone suggest a similar application that works for Mac?

There is some information here which *may* be helpful for Mac users.

Cheers for the quick reply Mike.

Pity that I can only use 4 waypoints...was hoping to plan some extensive driving routes in Wales!

Yes, it's unfortunate. Believe me, TomTom have had an earful about itinerary planning on these new units.

A suggestion to ease the pain, however slightly. Create your own custom POI for your unit. Add each of your waypoints to that POI. You'll need a paper list of the sequence, or you'll have to add a leading 1: 2: 3: to all of them, but at least you will be able to avoid having to poke in the location data as you travel - you can do it all in advance.

As you reach each successive point, manually ask your unit to navigate to the next one.

Thanks Alfie67 and canderson - will try your suggestions.

Hopefully TomTom will address this shortcoming soon! :)

Cheers

Hopefully TomTom will address this shortcoming soon! :)

Cheers

Please try to find the time to email or ring them about it.
It's only by getting a weight of customer complaints behind an issue that will prompt them to do anything about it.

Ask a Question