cool weather operation

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
My new TTR2 doesnt seem to want to function in cold weather. I believe the specs show a minimum temperature operating range of 14F, but it seems that even around 30F or so, I have to warm it up with the heat vent in the car. It will turn on, and when it gets to the screen that says "this belongs to" it wont go any further until the unit warms up sufficiently.

Anyone else run into this?

Cheers

No, I live in Mass, I leave mine hidden in the car. Last week was well below zero mine worked fine, the cord was frozen stiff.

As stated in my original message, my TTR2 did some wild things if the unit was cold. By cold, I mean around 32F or so, thats not really very cold at all. The unit would take forever to actually go to the navigation screen, and then would constantly switch screens back and forth between the menu screen and the nav screen. It would do this until the unit physically warmed up.

I contacted support, and after about a month they responded with a message stating that I am to return the unit for a new one.

Cheers

Ask a Question