way cool new mount

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live (not Used), Iphone 4 with TomTom & Navigon and TomTom Car Kit (not used)
from another site

CNM-160 NAVIGATION CRADLE TOMTOM GO 520 / 720 / 920
http://www.carcomm.nl/carcomm/webshop/index.cfm?page=productDetail&ModShopCatId=&ModShopProductId=69E4CFBE-3048-737E-4E7E4189088A0826

Recommended products
- CSMP-1566 Safety-Mount Audi A4 01-
- CSMM-101 Dashmount Audi A4 2001-
- CGRA-45 GPS Re-radiator Antenna
- CSC-007 Click-On Adaptor
- External GPS Antenna for TomTom - MCX
The main function of the Mobile Navigation Cradle is to power and charge your PNA/PND while your on the move, and hold it securely in position. The cradle, holder or mount is the perfect accessory for your PNA / PND.

Perfect fit
The Mobile Navigation Cradle is model specific which ensures a perfect fit. The use of high quality materials and components makes the holder suitable for normal and professional use.

Power and charge
Integrated inside the Navigation Cradle is a high efficiency charging system compatible with 12V and 24V, which safely charges and powers your device.

TMC connection
The Carcomm Navigation Cradle has a cable output with a cigarette lighter plug and a 90cm cable with a TMC antenna connection. The TMC antenna connection allows you to connect an original TomTom TMC antenna. The extended cable allows you to install the TMC antenna in a proffesional clean way.

Accessories
Standard this kit comes with an extra fuse cable to hard wire the Navigation Cradle in your vehicle, 2 screwsets, a rotating swivel and a windowmount with suctioncup, to mount the cradle on the dashboard or on the windscreen of your vehicle.

Anti-theft
The holder is delivered with a Click-On adaptor. The adaptor makes it possible to completly remove the holder and place it out of sight in for example your glove compartiment.

Key Features
slim design
perfect fit to the PNA / PND
dashboard color
TMC antenna connection
high efficiency charging system 12V / 24V
prepared for permanent installation
e4 approved
registered model, patented design

Compatible Devices
TomTom Go 520
TomTom Go 720
TomTom Go 920

The only issue is the inability to connect to the wired audio jack other than that it looks great. It also looks like you can use a AMPS mount with it.

Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Charger

http://www.tomtom-proclip.com/?sect...egoryid=&p_year=&p_countryid=0&p_leftorright=

I am thinking of getting this. Does anyone have it? Does the 920 slip in and out of the holder like it does with the Windshield suction holder it came with or do you have to attach one of Pro-Clips clips to the back of the 920 with adhesive tape?

Just want to know. With the adapter for my car, this purchase will be over $100.00 with shipping.

Thanks,
Ed

http://www.tomtom-proclip.com/?sect...egoryid=&p_year=&p_countryid=0&p_leftorright=

I am thinking of getting this. Does anyone have it? Does the 920 slip in and out of the holder like it does with the Windshield suction holder it came with or do you have to attach one of Pro-Clips clips to the back of the 920 with adhesive tape?

Just want to know. With the adapter for my car, this purchase will be over $100.00 with shipping.

Thanks,
Ed

I'm almost positive it's the same slip on mount as the windshield suction holder. I'll let you know, mine should be here any day. I have had many products from Pro Clip over the years and you can't beat the quality.

Thanks WBWJR and Pedro2NR. I am eager to find out how you like it. I was just about to confirm my order, but thought I'd ask the folks on this forum first.

I'm lovin' my 920!

Just got the 16GB SDHC this morning and I put some of MP3s on it until I filled it up. This is three times more than the capacity my Windows Mobile smartphone holds on an SD, and I can play through my FM radio!

Just bought MobilNova and ripped three DVDs. Video on this 920 is much better than on my smartphone.

With the forum's help, I changed my splash screen and added a lot of POIs from Pedro2NR. Pedro2NR, do you ever sleep?? ;-P

With all the functions I am transferring to my 920, maybe my smartphone will just be used to make phone calls and keep my calendar.

Thanks all!

Ed

I'm lovin' my 920!

Just got the 16GB SDHC this morning and I put some of MP3s on it until I filled it up. This is three times more than the capacity my Windows Mobile smartphone holds on an SD, and I can play through my FM radio!

Just bought MobilNova and ripped three DVDs. Video on this 920 is much better than on my smartphone.

Ed

I am having issues with an 8 gig card. I believe it stems from the fact that the 920 writes to the card in some circumstances and it may run into the REAL directory structure when over the "NORMAL" 4 gigs that it is designed to support. When I attempt to read some photo folders, mine will go black and then spontaneously reboot. I found that it was writing a thumbnail.dat file. I think while writing this file it encounters an error. It appears to find my mp3 files and play those fine.

I've also got videos and so far it plays them but Mobilnova does also write *.pos files to keep bookmarks.

So I'm still sorting stuff out.

According to the website, we need to purchase both clips and holder.
Does the 920 slip in and out of the holder like it does with the Windshield suction holder it came with or do you have to attach one of Pro-Clips clips to the back of the 920 with adhesive tape? Then i can save some $$.

It slides in and out like the OEM mount. No adhesive to the car mount.
Yes this is a 2 piece part. The car mount attaches to your car and the device mount attaches to the car mount.

I'm on my second one of these clips from ProClip for my 920. Both have a problem where the charger connection will not connect fully. If I really squeeze on the base and TomTom, it will connect but as soon as I let go it looses the charge connection. I'm going to try and modify the base as I like the clip, but really want a charger connection too.

Has anyone else had this problem with a 920?

Dave

Sorry to revive an old topic.

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase one of these Carcomm mounts for my GO920?

I have found several places that review them but I have not been able to find anywhere that actually sells them, including the Carcomm website.

tia.

Kuda USA and Expansys sells these mounts. They don't have the CNM-168 yet though and all of these Carcomm mounts are really expensive.

Can't wait to get more details on the new active mounts on the 940 units. I hope they're much improved over the active mount that the 910 used.

Ask a Question