connection loss

TomTom Model(s)
4eN62
please can any body help me
when i connect my tomtom start 60 to my computer to download the latest updates it starts to dowmload then a message appears on my computer saying THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH MY DEVICE PLEASE RE-CONNECT i have reconnected loads of times but it just comes up with the same message ...can anyone help me please.............

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds

Also, clear the cache in the desktop's settings and make sure you are using a usb port on the back of the computer.

If that doesn't help, call customer services, as they can 'remote interrogate' MyTomTom for any connection problems.

My Tom TOm 1050 was working when the engine was on and now it does not work at all. I really hate the disposable economy especially when I am told to buy a new one. Then I was offered a refurbished one for around $220 but no free map offer. I am scared to buy the refurbished wonder if the same issue would happen and then having to quaff up this money again? So far I am disappointed with the service.

My Tom TOm 1050 was working when the engine was on and now it does not work at all. I really hate the disposable economy especially when I am told to buy a new one. Then I was offered a refurbished one for around $220 but no free map offer. I am scared to buy the refurbished wonder if the same issue would happen and then having to quaff up this money again? So far I am disappointed with the service.
When you say that the 1050 worked when the engine was on, my first thought is that you have a battery in the 1050 that is flat, and there is power to the Cigarette Lighter Adapter (CLA) of your vehicle only when the ignition is on. In that scenario there would be no power supplied to the 1050 unless you are plugged in to the CLA and the ignition is on. Have you tried plugging the 1050 into your CLA and then switching on the engine?

Alternatively, if your adapter has failed and the 1050 battery has been run down, you would have the same symptoms. Does the light on your adapter come on when it is plugged in and the engine is running?

- Tom -

Ask a Question