connecting bluetooth

TomTom Model(s)
go 600
can't connect my my tomtom go 600 to my android phone via Bluetooth. just keeps disconnecting it. any ideas

What happens when you you put your phone in discovery mode and your 600 on Connected Services and then do the pairing as prompted by the 600.

This is one of those cases where not telling us your location makes a HUGE difference. Please include it in your profile for future reference.
Being a moderator, I was able to peek at your IP address and establish that you're in the UK. That's important because there is a significant difference in the way TomTom manages Bluetooth support for European vs. North American smart phone connections.

In your case, the connection must be made using the Bluetooth PAN profile (aka 'tethering'). Your carrier may or may not permit this, or may charge extra for this service, or the Bluetooth stacks on your phone might not even support it. Have you been able to ascertain whether that's the case?

Last edited:
Well. Just got my GO600 from Bestbuy. Tried every single possibilities to get my company phone CAT B15 to connect to the device to no avail. Keep saying phone not found.
Phone : CAT B15 Rogers Canada
I tether and enabled BT Internet. Put phone to visible to all device and start GO600 activation process and can not link them together. Keep getting phone not found message on GO600. My tablet works find connecting to the phone and use the tethering Internet service. Not sure why GO600 won't do it.
Guess going back to BestBuy.

For your GO600, you do not use internet tethering (not WiFi, and not Bluetooth tethering -- it's done in a special way that does not require this feature on your phone). You need an application that works on Android and iPhone that is available from TomTom to make the connection between the two. Please let us know if you have the Android application loaded on your phone yet.

The 1st thing, though ... for the application to work, your phone must support the Bluetooth SPP profile. I am not all that familiar with the CAT range of phones, but the information I have shows that the B15 phone as supplied by Rogers supports only a very slim list: A2DP, AVRCP, OPP/FTP, HFP, and HSP profiles. If that is true, then you will not be able to pair the GO unit to your phone.

Ask a Question