Connect to computer

TomTom Model(s)
Go 520
My touchscreen went out of calibration so I created a cal.txt file and started to adjust the settings. As I am a novice I have set it so I cant activate the "connect to computer" button.

Is there any other way of getting into the unit to reverse the settings in the cal file ???

I was doing so well until this happened.

Regards

I did something nearly so foolish with my GO740 when it needed a bit of a tweak and wondered what I could do. I was lucky because I found a part of the screen (up above) that seemed to respond to the "Yes" button!

In your case, it will be worth trying this ...
Connect your device to the PC with cable. Then, instead of using the power button to turn the unit on, try using the pin reset hole in the bottom of the unit. Hold it (gently) with a paper clip for a few seconds and release it. Then try starting up normally with the power button. The device should (I hope) directly connect to your PC without asking whether this is what you wish to do.

Then you can delete the cal.txt file and try again.

Just as a sample, this is where I needed to shove my screen to get decent access to the bottom bit of the touch screen:

926 77 830 200

Ask a Question