Confused about SD card and map on it

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
When I first purchased my TT, I also purchased two SD 2gb cards and copied NA map to one and Western Europe to the other. When I select change device in TomTom Home and select "Memory Card" and then "Show contents of my GO", the response is "no items available".

I know that the map that i copied to the SD card is on it by checking with XP explorer, but it is not showing in HOME. What is the problem?
If I can get this question answered, I have more. :)
thanks.

Thanks for responding. I did a 15 second pin reset and still get "No items available" on the SHOW CONTENTS screen of TTHOME

Try a pin reset with the card in the unit.
Sorry, I just found the Quick Reply button on this website.

Thanks for responding. I did a 15 second pin reset and still get "No items available" on the SHOW CONTENTS screen of TTHOME

How did you get the map, once purchased, onto the sd card? If you did it by simply using Explorer to copy the contents, it won't work. Home has to be used to initially install maps on either internal or external storage. Home creates files during the installation process which allows the firmware to 'see' the maps.

Thanks for your advice. I did it the way you suggested, after formatting the sd card and everything works now.
Thanks

Ask a Question