Confused Newbie

TomTom Model(s)
GO825Live
My GO825Live just arrived and have been setting it up. Downloaded and installed MyTomTom on my MacBook Pro (up-to-date OSX) and registered on-line for my account. Now confused as to what to next.

1. MyTomTom says there is a new map update but can't see how to download & install (lifetime map updates supposedly included in package). The steps in MyTomTom ask for an activation code but there isn't one in the box (at least as far as I can see).

2. Do I need TomTom Home? Is that where I can set up routes on my computer and download them to the device? If so, from where do I download it for a Mac?

All advice from you experienced folks most welcome.

John (former Garmin user) in France, who doesn't speak the language.

You do need MyTomTom and not Home 2 with that device. Once you've installed it, a desktop icon for MyTomTom should be created. Click on it with your unit connected to the computer and the MyTomTom web page will open in your browser. In the Green MyTomTom button on the right you log in with your email address and password and then click on Manage Content to see what is offered for your device.

As far as an activation code is concerned, I know that North American models with a lifetime map code will come with a card in the package of materials labelled IMPORTANT-DO NOT DISCARD. I'm not sure what European models provide.

Here are CS numbers for France. Call them for activation assistance:

France
01 70 36 35 82

du lundi au vendredi
de 09h00 à 17h30 CET

David,

I understand why you suggest the Customer Support line in France but it may not be of much help to John as he said he does not speak French.

Maybe you could supply the UK CS number too. He may even have purchased the device in the UK.

Okay...

United Kingdom
0845 161 0009
or 020 7387 5444

Monday-Friday:
9:00am to 5:30pm GMT

But here's a tip.......

Pretty much ALL Customer Support calls in Europe all go to the same building in Amsterdam (just different floors for different countries) and the *required* first language of all employees is English.

Ask a Question