Clean installation - TT One 3rd ED

Hi guys. I dont know is this is the right place to ask but i give it a shoot. I manage to screw up some files and now my TomTom One 3rd Edition whant start up anymore. For a couple years ago (maybe two years) i found on another forum a file that made a complete clean installation on my GPS with the newest firmware and maps over my country, but now i cant find that place :p

Any suggestion? And oh yea, sorry for my lack of English.

Don't know what kind of legitimate file you are referring to. Be that as it may, as long as your specific map folder is still on the unit, you can make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit. NO FOLDERS or their contents. Then, connect to Home and install the application that will be offered to you.

Next, disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon on the bottom right of Home's screen.

Start your unit and see if things are ok.

Ask a Question