SD Card wiped clean

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one/tomtom XL
My son has accidently deleted everything from the SD card for my TomTom One. Is there any way that I can download the stuff that was on it, ie: map, system etc etc.
Any help would be great
Thanks

My son has accidently deleted everything from the SD card for my TomTom One. Is there any way that I can download the stuff that was on it, ie: map, system etc etc.
Any help would be great
Thanks
As a general rule, you should be able to download all of the operating system software, but you will have to buy the map(s) from TomTom. They are keyed to the serial number of each device.

However, if you have ever made a backup onto your computer, there is a chance that you can get everything back. Did you ever make a backup? If you did, we may be able to walk you through rebuilding things.

Also, I assume that your son put the SD card in a reader and erased it or reformatted it. If that is all he did, and if there was nothing new written onto the card, there might be a chance of restoring the card. If my memory is right, your GPS writes to the card as if it were a "normal" windows drive. If that is the case, here may be some of the "Unerase" tools intended for Windows that might recover the erased files.

I may be totally wrong about this, as I have not heard of anyone taking this approach, but it is something I would look into as a last-ditch approach if you have no backups. (Of course, if I am wrong about your GPS being one of the models that treats the SD card as a Windows drive, then the idea is definitely off-base.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Thanks for the reply, yes it was a card reader that formatted it, & unfortunately my backups were lost due to a PC crash.

Any help would be great
Thanks

Let's start by figuring out WHICH model TomTom you have. See HERE then let us know what you find.

(If you have the same ONE XL as I do, you should be able to take out your SD card and try booting up the TomTom and see if it will run off the internal memory.)

Ask a Question