Celeb Voices Owned ?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM Navigon 7200T
I bought 2 celebrity novelty voices on sale at Tom Tom. Do I own the voices I purchased, or is it purchased on the condition I use it with only that specific GPS? I wondered if I got another Tom Tom, could I load those voices from my Explorer backup if they are both owned by me? I am not asking if I can unethically give it to another user. If these voices are device locked as the maps are, how is that done ? If these questions violate any TT Forum policy, please remove this immediately. I do not want to be kicked out of this valuable forum. Thanks

Legitimate question.......

I "think" they are indeed locked when you install them on the first device and, if you find they won't work when copying them to a different device, then I suspect CS will not be willing to offer a resolution to 'share' the voices on more than one device.

If the purchased voices locked to the device when downloaded, would you still have them if reinstalling your Explorer backup to the unit? If so, it must go by serial # some how, otherwise you COULD transfer those files if you bought a second TT.
This should be my 100th post, so I'm only about 13,000+ behind you, dhn.

Ask a Question