After-market (novelty / celebrity) voices

Using the systray icon in the lower right of your screen, open up MyTomTom asking for "Add Community Content". If "Add Voice" shows up, then both the firmware and your version of MyTomTom are prepared for adding new voices -- not the kind that pronounce street names, just the 'oddball' and 'celebrity' voices that provide general directional information.

Check this link for details ==> https://www.tomtomforums.com/t27714-how-add-pois-voices-etc-new-nav3-tomtom-models.html

Yes, it is. We refer to units that use the old Home program as Nav2, and the units that use the newer MyTomTom interface as Nav3.

If they had a Linux bridge driver for their USB/TCP connection, they pretty easily could. Almost everything is html these days.

Thanks.

I assume my VIA 130 is a "NAV3" model, then

The terms NAV2 and NAV3 were first used by TomTom themselves, but I'll admit they are still not in very common use, so can be confusing to newcomers to forums like this one.

In an attempt to avoid confusion, I've edited out the word "NAV3" from the title of that article, so the heading now just reads "How to add POIs, voices etc to the new TomTom models"

The first line still explains which models are NAV3...
The new "NAV3" TomTom models (such as the Go 1xxx/2xxx ranges, the Go820/825 the Start 20/25 and the Via models) no longer use the old "Home" utility.

I probably need to add the "Start 60" and "Start 45" now..... :rolleyes:

Ask a Question