Case Suggestions for 720?

TomTom Model(s)
This one that that I found on amazon seems to have mixed reviews:

TomTom GO 720 Carry Case and Strap

Anybody have experience with this one?

There is also this one on the TomTom site:

Deluxe Leather Case (that is made out of PU (synthetic) leather)

I don't want the entire travel case, just something to protect the unit in my bag or suitcase..

I have the one you found on Amazon (bought mine at Toys R Us for $25 since I had a GC). That being said, I am very pleased with my case: it's sturdy ("hard" padded case) enough to keep it in my laptop bag and definitely keep my 720 scratch-free.

$25 might be a bit pricey, but I would definitely recommend it. I also have screen protector ($5 eBay) as an extra protection.

screen protector

I also have screen protector ($5 eBay) as an extra protection.
Thank you.

Years ago I had a screen protector on my Treo.

I found that it was helpful in protecting it from scratches, but blurred the screen. In the end I went with the lack of protection and the fidelity of the screen. The trade-off seemed right.

Do you find these protectors to reduce screen clarity at all?

Do you find these protectors to reduce screen clarity at all?

Hmm... I think what you meant to ask is does it reduce glare? Screen protector will slightly reduce brightness of your screen (which I don't find it to be a problem at all - I can clearly see the screen). However, during a bright sunny day (depending where the sun is in relation to you your TT screen), I do find increased glare (i.e., it's harder to see the screen when the sunlight is in direct contact with the screen). It can be a bit annoying, but moving your head a bit or putting your hand over the unit solves the problem, IMO. An argument can be made that by doing so, you get distracted from keeping your eyes on the road, but unless you are in a heist or don't really listen to directions, I cannot really agree it that argument.

That being said, I would highly recommend screen protection since $5 is a bargain compared to getting your screen scratched. I did buy the case I mentioned since I do travel/fly quite a bit; thus, in addition to protecting the screen from getting scratched, I want to protect the unit from scratches as well.

$5 protectors

That being said, I would highly recommend screen protection since $5 is a bargain compared to getting your screen scratched. I did buy the case I mentioned since I do travel/fly quite a bit; thus, in addition to protecting the screen from getting scratched, I want to protect the unit from scratches as well.

i assume you mean one of these

i meant does the screen look a little foggy with the protector on?

In short, no. If you, however, put your fingers on the "sticky" side (you do not glue it), then it might look a bit foggy, I presume.

Also, the "off brand" case you've mentioned is $25, which is the same price for TT case (granted, it's not hard case in a sense of being enforced by plastic), but it works just fine. It literally "fits like a glove" since it is designed for TT 7/920.

i assume you mean one of these

Yea.. that will do.

Not to be mean, but spend a few bucks ($5-$10) and see if you like it... IMO, it's worth it.

EDIT:
Here's one for under $5 including S&H...

Last edited:
This one that that I found on amazon seems to have mixed reviews:

TomTom GO 720 Carry Case and Strap

Anybody have experience with this one?

There is also this one on the TomTom site:

Deluxe Leather Case (that is made out of PU (synthetic) leather)

I don't want the entire travel case, just something to protect the unit in my bag or suitcase..

I bought a case at staples, its a NAVIGON case, the SPC is 98110 00114. It has the TomTom one listed on the back of the package. the 720 fits in it perfectly.

I've been looking for a case as well, to protect my screen from scratches.

Unable to find the one I want thus far, I went with a protective film. Check it out: http://www.invisibleshield.com/

Pretty cool stuff. I got the shield for the entire device, so the back, top and screen all have film on it. It doesn't hinder the touch screen operation or make the screen look bad.

i went with the tomtom brand case

thanks all, in the end i went with the tomtom brand case (from amazon)

"TomTom GO 720 Carry Case and Strap"

it fits like a glove.

great case.

thumbs up from me.

nice touch that the red lining has the tomtom maze-like pattern on it

Ask a Question