Cant read internal memory on Go 730

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730 Traffic
Hi there,

my 730T seems to be unable to read its internal memory, only files it finds are those I have on the SD card. Any ideas on how to get this to work again? I've tried reseting but no difference....

Thanks

~Nic

Tried pin reset for 15secs but made no difference.

When connected to computer I can only see the contents of the SD card.....

There are those for whom internal memory HAS failed on their 720 or 730 unit and they are using the unit just fine with a 4-gig or 8-gig sdhc card in the unit.

So, annoying, yes. But a functional problem, not really.

Thanks, thought as much, have it running off the SD with US map.... unfortunately I live in the UK (and didnt back up the Europe map!..... 8-o ) Better go and buy a new map then!

Have you ever updated the Western_Europe map since owning the device, possibly when you first got it using the Latest Map Guarantee via your current PC, if so there will be a copy of this map still on your PC in the folder Home uses to store downloads, you should be able to re-install the map from the downloaded files negating the need to purchase the map - Mike

When connected to computer I can only see the contents of the SD card.....
OK, but does the computer recognise the device as a separate drive letter?

Connected through HOME click on Manage my GO
You should get a similar screen as per below. Note, I expanded the Safety Cameras to show that HOME shows whats on the device and what is on the memory card.

View attachment 2793

If there is nothing on the device at all, you could go to your Windows Explorer made backup and copy all from the SD card to the device drive letter (if exist).

As dhn said, you can live strictly off the SD card but you may want to start a Support ticket on their web page, just to have a written record that you wanted something to be done, and the follow up with w phone call and try to have Support walk you through it.

Last edited:
Thanks, thought as much, have it running off the SD with US map.... unfortunately I live in the UK (and didnt back up the Europe map!..... 8-o ) Better go and buy a new map then!
It was my understanding that only the 930 comes with two maps installed.
If that is correct, and you purchased your 730 in the UK, the W&CE map came pre-installed and you must have bought the NA map after wards.
In that case you should have used the LMG on the W&CE map and you should follow mikealder's advise.

Thanks all for your responses, had to buy a new map as didnt have a copy of the old one any more. Up and running now!

Ask a Question