Can't browse route with my new start classic

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom start classic 3.5' Tom Tom one
I just bought a classic start to replace my Tom Tom one. It still works when it feels like it but have lost the windscreen sucker and the maps are out of date so thought it would be better value to go for a new model. I never dreamed the newer one would have less functions. I mean I did go for the small compact screen but what is the point of the thing if you cant preview your route before you leave? The map screen isn't adequate.
The old one let me browse the route by text. Is there a way to download this feature? Is it available on other models so I can quickly return this poor alternative?

I'm guessing the "Classic" Start is an original "Start" (not a Start 2) but I've never seen that version advertised on the TT website. Was it a special from Amazon or similar?

I'd send it back and get another model.
As well as the VIAs, the new Start 20 and Start 25 are very different beasts from the old Start and Start 2.

There's a review of sorts here:
TomTom Start 20 series - too good for first-time buyers?

@Andy ..
The "Start Classic" is a real UK model. Looks to me like another way of describing a Start2 with the full European map.

Took me a moment to realize that the OP is from your Rochester (Kent), not ours (New York or Minnesota).

@Andy ..
The "Start Classic" is a real UK model.

But I can't see it on the UK TT website.... The only "Classic" listed there is an "XXL Classic". That's why I was wondering if it was a "special" from Amazon or similar (I think that sort of thing has been done before by Walmart in the US?)

There's a "Start² Europe Refurbished" in the outlet store, but no mention of the word "Classic"

Boy, the time we waste, due to TT's stupid naming practices! :rant:

Ask a Question