Can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction?

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I'm sure I'm not even posting this in the correct place since this is for introductions. But can someone please tell me which forum to switch to in order to get answers about my new One XL-S? I went to the section that said "One" and figured I'd start way back at the beginning to try to figure my problems out. Everyone there talks about a memory card. On the bottom of my TomTom it says "Maps of US and Canada now preloaded on internal memory. No SD card required."

I'm so lost. I've been reading a lot of the postings, but can't seem to find where I belong:eek:

I apologize in advance for posting again under Introductions. Please point me in the right direction:confused:

clairek

I'm sure I'm not even posting this in the correct place since this is for introductions. But can someone please tell me which forum to switch to in order to get answers about my new One XL-S? I went to the section that said "One" and figured I'd start way back at the beginning to try to figure my problems out. Everyone there talks about a memory card. On the bottom of my TomTom it says "Maps of US and Canada now preloaded on internal memory. No SD card required."

I'm so lost. I've been reading a lot of the postings, but can't seem to find where I belong:eek:

I apologize in advance for posting again under Introductions. Please point me in the right direction:confused:

clairek

The TomTom One section is probably just as good as any forum to post in.

To be clear, while the maps are in internal memory, does your model have a slot for a sd card? If so, you CAN move everything to the sd card to have more space. In other words, if you buy a 4 gig card, you move EVERYTHING to the card to allow for larger maps, extra poi's you want to add, etc.

Backup your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Make sure Windows is set to show hidden folders and files and extensions for known file types.

Now, again using Explorer, move all the contents of your unit to the sd card installed.

Reboot the unit and it should operate as normal, except everything is operating from the sd card. You may need to do a pin reset.

Just to add to dhn's suggestions, make sure that you don't buy a SDHC type card as I don't believe they are compatible with your model.

But maybe you will find that there is no need to use a card anyway.

Ask a Question