Will Someone Create Me Car Symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM XXL 550
Hello,

Will someone please create me a car symbol for a 2011/2012 Dodge Charger.

I have tried to make it but I keep getting this red box around the car.

Prefer if you can make car symbol in either Black, White, Silver or All 3 to have options.

Thanks. :)

If you want to try again yourself, you need to make sure your "red" is "Full red" i.e. 255,0,0 in in 24-bit colour mode.
And keep the file as uncompressed .bmp format - if you save it as .jpg at any stage the compression mucks up the purity of the red.

If you want someone else to make you one, I think you'll have more luck if you provide a suitable picture for them to work from.

If you want to try again yourself, you need to make sure your "red" is "Full red" i.e. 255,0,0 in in 24-bit colour mode.
And keep the file as uncompressed .bmp format - if you save it as .jpg at any stage the compression mucks up the purity of the red.
As a FYI for the original poster - As I understand it, when the background is pure red, TomTom treats that part of the image as transparent. As a result, the square image appears to be just the vehicle itself on the screen.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Thanks Tom, I sort of assumed he realised that when he mentioned he was making his own and must have put the red around it himself, but maybe not.

Thanks Tom, I sort of assumed he realised that when he mentioned he was making his own and must have put the red around it himself, but maybe not.
I assumed that he realized that, but in my line of work (Aerospace), people sometimes die if things are assumed and not confirmed, so I have the anal habit of attempting to make sure that all of the potentially relevant info is provided every time.

In addition, I was thinking of other people who might want to create their own icons but not be aware of the "trick" with the red background. (I was not aware of it when I first attempted to create my own POI icons.) That tip might be of use to one of those people.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I assumed that he realized that, but in my line of work (Aerospace), people sometimes die if things are assumed and not confirmed, so I have the anal habit of attempting to make sure that all of the potentially relevant info is provided every time.

You and me both, mate.... :)

I'm currently on someone's hate mail list on another forum for daring to clarify one of his posts.... :rolleyes:

See if this one will work.

Attachments

• 2012-White_Charger.bmp
    13.4 KB · Views: 491
Thanks Rick F. Thanks for being the only person who actually read and comprehended what the question asked.

Didn't ask for others opinions on what I was doing wrong for I read the instructions over 20 times. Asked that someone could possibly make it for me!

Now if I could just get one in black and silver, lol.

Thanks again bro.

Mac, yes Rick is one of our go-to guys for making car icons.

That said, your gratitude strikes me as somewhat underwhelming when others offer some advice as to what might have gone wrong.

. . . for I read the instructions over 20 times . . .
Had you by chance saved your pictures as a jpg files? If so, the pictures will *only* work as bmp files. Depending on which instructions you read over 20 times, it could be the instructions were in error :(

dhn, didn't ask for their advice, asked for someone to make the car icon for me.

Thought my question was pretty clear but I guess it wasn't.

. . . for I read the instructions over 20 times . . .
Had you by chance saved your pictures as a jpg files? If so, the pictures will *only* work as bmp files. Depending on which instructions you read over 20 times, it could be the instructions were in error :(

Read the tomtom instructions as well as online sources and Im pretty sure I saved as bmp, but thanks for you sarcastic concerns :rolleyes:

You know what, Mac12345? I'm getting pretty tired of your slagging other members here who are just trying to help. I'm locking this thread.

Take your business elsewhere...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question