Can POI names be displayed?

I just borrowed a friend's TomTom ONE on a recent trip and uploaded a bunch of POIs that I put together. The file was taken just fine and the icon showed up when I drove by, but the POI name does not show.

Is there some way to make this appear or is it a function of the unit? I'd like to be able to see the name of the POI on the map while I'm driving so I don't have to go into a menu to see which POI is closest at the time.

Thanks.

I don't think you can get the details to pop-up...thought that coould be a nice option. Can you click the POI on the screen to get more details?

Last edited:
I didn't try as I assumed (maybe in error) that touching the screen would jump into the menu. I'll give that a shot then post back.

Do any of the models allow for the showing of names for custom POIs?

Thinking about buying one but would really want/need this feature.

I just borrowed a friend's TomTom ONE on a recent trip and uploaded a bunch of POIs that I put together. The file was taken just fine and the icon showed up when I drove by, but the POI name does not show.

Is there some way to make this appear or is it a function of the unit? I'd like to be able to see the name of the POI on the map while I'm driving so I don't have to go into a menu to see which POI is closest at the time.

Thanks.

It would be a nice feature in the navigation view to be able to simply click on the icon and get its information. The TomToms do not operate that way. Thus, it is a good idea to choose icons that are pretty obvious what the POI is (i.e. mcdonalds golden arches).

HOWEVER, if you tap on the screen and go to BROWSE MAP, you will see the points of interest and you can click on them in that window to get their information (including their phone number....it is a pop-up bubble)

To me, this is most likely a safety feature because you shouldn't be playing with the TomTom navigation screen that much while you are moving. It only takes a couple taps to be Browsing the map with the POIs on them.

Fair enough. I'm thinking about using one for Geocaching (replacing my GPS plugged into my laptop for real-time updates, driving directions, etc.) so each POI (i.e. geocache) would have the same icon.

I was hoping to get the name of the geocache to display, but I guess that's what the passenger is for, right?

Ask a Question