Bread crumb trail

I do a lot of back road traveling. These are not necessarily off road, just small gravel roads, etc. It would be nice to see a trail where I have been to relate to the paved roads. Also in town I would like to track where I have been when I don't have a route planned.
So, my question is, is there a program that will paint on the screen a bread crumb trail? I haven't been able to locate one if there is.

Thanks,
Steve

I do a lot of back road traveling. These are not necessarily off road, just small gravel roads, etc. It would be nice to see a trail where I have been to relate to the paved roads. Also in town I would like to track where I have been when I don't have a route planned.
So, my question is, is there a program that will paint on the screen a bread crumb trail? I haven't been able to locate one if there is.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello and welcome.

You can use the software called Tripmaster. The software allows you to record waypoints according to time/distance/degrees in a log file. This log file can be outputted as a google earth file which you would open it in Google Earth and view your trail.

Steve,

Great question! I have never seen anything like this and I would love to have this app. I do not think it exists though....you may try Tripmaster which can save logs of where you go but cannot display them immediately like you would like as far as I know.

Here is a link to Tripmaster....

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

Welcome!:)

Thank you for the reply. I have looked at that program but it is an "after the fact" track. I was looking for a "real time" display.

Steve

Thanks,
Steve

Offroad may be what you want.

I was afraid to install these third party applications on the TomTom before going on a trip to Hawaii as I didn't want the TomTom crashing on me. Has anyone had any issues with these programs? I think it would be cool to add functionality to the device but if it makes it unstable at all I'll probably pass on it. Thanks for any info.

There certainly no issues with the software and current firmware with TT devices AFAIK. I personally have 6 3rd party apps installed all working fine :D

If you are worried about instability, just buy another 1 GB SD memory card. Copy your info from the original SD card onto it, then add the mods onto the new card.

If you have instability with the mods while you are in Hawaii...just switch SD cards to revert back to the original unit.

One of the many things that make the Tomtom ONE so cool!

Good luck - wish I was going to Hawaii!

-Joe

Ask a Question