Better routing with Navcore 7 ??

I have seen a lot of complaints (and reviews) stating that the TT routing comes in a distant third behind Garmin and Magellan. All reviews and comments have been using software v6.x

I have only seen a single comment on the net that stated there were no routing algorithm changes between v6 and v7, and I find that hard to believe as that is one of the biggest gripes about TT.

Has anyone here done a side by side comparison between the routing of v6 and v7 in problem areas? Is there any FACTUAL information regarding any changes in routing between v6 and v7?

I was playing with the big 3 (Garmin, Magellan, TomTom) in a local store the other day. They all have something good to offer and they all have something lacking. The Garmin with the best stated routing algorithm is out due to the lack of trip/itinerary planning. Of the Magellan and TomTom, I like the Navteq maps and information display on the Magellan, and like the itinerary and MP3 capabilities of the TomTom.

In the end, we are using these things for routing though, so I would like to see some factual information to show that TomTom has and is continuing to improve their routing capability.

Ask a Question