Traffic receiver, which is better? 4UUC1 vs 4UUC1B

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM
When I purchased my 540TM the traffic receiver always gave me problems. I'd have to wiggle the cord in the perfect position right where it comes out of the receiver and makes it's way down to the usb plug. (Internal wire damage or something)

Well it's finally getting almost impossible to position the cord right so I'm looking to get one off Ebay, however I see two versions, the 4UUC1 and the 4UUC1B or (4UUC.001.01) vs (4UUC.001.01B).

Which ones better? Are they different?

The only differences I see are the letter, what the fuse is rated for, and it has 4 connection points for the 12v plug instead of 2 like the 4UUC1.

Thanks for simultaneously not answering my question while trying to upsell me a 70 dollar cord that's only worth 25. :thumb:

I'm sure you're welcome (not).

dhn wasn't twisting your arm to buy it from TomTom at the $70 price, just to look for that particular cord. The reception is significantly more reliable than the previous models. You can find them elsewhere at a better price if you take the time to look.

And - just in case you missed the boat entirely here - none of us work for TomTom, and this forum isn't associated with TomTom, so nobody was trying to "upsell" you anything at all, just to steer you away from a lesser quality unit. His honest (and correct) answer to your question was rightly, "None of the above".

Their numbering system is odd. One number for the actual device, and a separate one for the packaged device. While very common for engineering and manufacturing assembly drawings, this is usually 'hidden' from the customer so as to avoid confusion such as this, and the customer is only presented with a single number, usually that of the packaged item.

Look around for 9UUC.052.02 device, packaged, which is assured to be functional in North America. We are unclear about the correct 4UUC*.* number for the physical item itself.

There are rumors that the 4UUC.001.01 as you described earlier may ONLY work in Europe. There are ongoing discussions about this issue and the part number confusion in a number of places on the net.

Device requires that the GPS itself be up to at least firmware 9.XXX in either case.

Ask a Question