Best solution for iPad

TomTom Model(s)
None
Just bought an ipad2 with 3G and would like to use it as a gps based nav unit on upcoming trip to Europe and then back home in USA. Which software should I purchase for both continents and how can I purchase the necessary maps most cost effectively. Can maps be stored on sd cards to avoid filling up the iPad memory. Countries will include italy, germany, austria, slovenia and croatia.
New member to this forum -- sorry if all this already has been covered. Thanks

Welcome to TTF. I've moved your post to a forum where your question will have more visibility ....... and hopefully some answers.

I did not receive any responses. Any suggestions?
I am not at all familiar with the iPad, so all I can go on is what TomTom says themselves. Take a look at:

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/mobile-navigation/

If you were to be using one of their dedicated GPS devices, the map choices for your described usage would probably be Western Europe and either USA_Canada or USA_Canada_Mexico.

With the dedicated devices it is possible to use an SD card to store maps that will not fit in the memory of the device itself. I do not know if that is true with the iPad.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question