Best Anti-Glare Solution?

There have been TONS of conversations on this forum when it comes to reducing glare. Some people like the sun shades that protrude over the unit, and some people seem to like anti-glare screen protectors... but there doesn't seem to be any consensus on the most effective product.

I'm really liking this XL 340s that I just bought, but I just can't get over the glare problem. I've tried mounting it in different places, but to no avail.

My preference would be a clear screen protector that sticks onto the screen... are there any good ones out there that really prevent glare and reflections?

Don't think you are going to find anything better at this time than what has been posted, I also use mine on the motorcycle and you can imagine the glare problem out in the sun, now in the car if the day screen is hard to see I will switch to the night screen and that seems to help, I do have the sunshade and anti glare screen cover and that probably helps 10% :D

I know this isn't what you asked for, but I just got a Glare Stomper, and am very pleased with it. Got one for my girlfriend too, and she, too, is very pleased.

Last edited:
The solution for me was to mount my GPS unit up high on the windshield just to the right of my rear-view mirror. The roof of the car becomes the sun shade. It's high enough not to obstruct normal visibility of traffic too. When I'm not using my TomTom, I remove and fold up the mount so it's not seen from the outside (I use the Semsons mount). The battery charger cable doesn hang down from the unit, but I loop it over the rear-view mirror.

Ask a Question