Baffled in Europe! help!!!

I have posted a couple of questions but i get no responses and my searches don't help me find my posts.

1. My two-year-old battery on my tomtom 910 is dead. Is the unit a writeoff? A battery salesman here in Paris said battery far too complex to change, he refused.

2. Why are there so many problems with tomtoms? is there a particular make or model that doesn't have bugs.

3. Oh, the tomtom service phone number in France is of course a complete joke. You get to pay for the pleasure of hearing a recording go on forever.
:(:(:(::(

I have posted a couple of questions but i get no responses and my searches don't help me find my posts.

1. My two-year-old battery on my tomtom 910 is dead. Is the unit a writeoff? A battery salesman here in Paris said battery far too complex to change, he refused.

2. Why are there so many problems with tomtoms? is there a particular make or model that doesn't have bugs.

3. Oh, the tomtom service phone number in France is of course a complete joke. You get to pay for the pleasure of hearing a recording go on forever.
:(:(:(::(

On your battery, you need to locate a tech who is competent on changing the battery. Your unit should not be a write-off due to the battery. You could do it yourself with instructions that you should be able to find in this forum.

Phone number here gets you a live person - better than the email route which gets you an often useless response from, .Ii believe, over there.

Changing the battery in a 910 isn't too easy but it's possible, I will post some instructions later but bear in mind the battery was the first thing fitted to the chassis when the device was assembled from new so everything has to come out to get at it, that said if it's an early 910 you don't need to remove the screen and hard drive but with later devices you do - Mike

Ask a Question