Auto-Zoom forced upon us. Does TomTom not listen to customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, either buy a higher end unit that allows you to disable this (awesome) feature or just get rid of the device and quit pulling out your hair over such a tiny matter. Unusable? Please....

But do you realize how that sounds?

"Buy a MORE EXPENSIVE UNIT to get it to disable an awful feature".

WHY? Why should I have to buy a more expensive unit to get rid of a feature which shouldn't be there to begin with?

Additionally; from the answer I got in an earlier post, disabling auto-zoom disables auto-zoom-at-turns, too, not just auto-zoom-during-straightaways (or whatever you want to call the different types of auto-zoom)

OK, maybe the device isn't "completely" useless, in the literal sense, but it cripples the usefulness, considerably (and, for me, disables one of the main things I wanted out of it) and makes it MORE DANGEROUS to use, since one has to constantly keep zooming it back out again to see what one wants to see and not what the device thinks you should see.

All because TomTom, by some strange sense of priorities, decided to force you to drive zoomed-in much too far. I don't understand their thinking. Everyone I've told about this says "that's insane", referring to the auto-zoom-during-straightaways.

As I typed before, the Magellans in the Hertz cars were smart. TomTom just added an annoying behavior when they should have left it alone.

Look, if you prefer the Magellan device go and purchase one, perhaps you are finding it difficult to accept you are in a minority group when it comes to wanting the auto zoom disabled, most of us like it and find it works - If its such a big issue for you get rid of the device - Mike

autozoom

Look, if you prefer the Magellan device go and purchase one, perhaps you are finding it difficult to accept you are in a minority group when it comes to wanting the auto zoom disabled, most of us like it and find it works - If its such a big issue for you get rid of the device - Mike

Nicely said......without the autozoom I would have never bought the TomTo
m....for me that was one of the deciding features that got me to buy.

I think this issue has been discussed enough here. Locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question