Augh! MapShare Issue and Map Updates....

Outsourced but not offshored. Outsourcing just means it's another company.

Outsourcing means they wont give a poop as much as if it were the real company taking the calls. I worked for a call center for 3 years that is hired by many companies who decide to fire some of their own people and have us handle their calls. That includes Verizon, Verizon Wireless, American greetings, Jitter bug cell phones, many Canadian banks, etc. Our main call center is in St.catharines, ON but have a few locations here in Florida as well.

Outsourcing is only better than outsourcing offshore because you can understand the reps better, but still doesn't mean you'll get great service. You'll also get some American attitude which takes things to a whole new level :)

Last edited:
I have actually had that happen twice since Mapshare is up and running again. Once with my 75 map and once with my 675.

All I did was then go and click on update my device, go back to the preferences and all was good again.

Odd for sure.

cheers

Just curious if anyone knows, but if MapShare updates will only occur once a week, what day will it be? I did get some today, but havnt plugged in for a couple of days.

Or will it be different days depending on your location, map, etc?

cheers

Just curious if anyone knows, but if MapShare updates will only occur once a week, what day will it be? I did get some today, but havnt plugged in for a couple of days.

Or will it be different days depending on your location, map, etc?

cheers

I hadn't plugged mine in since Tuesday, but plugged it in today and there were mapshare updates available.

Ask a Question