Audio output on 740Live

TomTom Model(s)
TT Go 2535M, TT 740Live, TT 510
I have a 740Live and the speaker preference screen in the menu shows an option for Bluetooth or audio cable use for external speakers. The problem is that I can not find an audio out jack on the 740Live or the car mount. What's up with that???:confused:

That requires the purchase of a different mount, but it's never been made available for North America.

The mount supplied with the device only has the mini USB socket fitted, there are three other mounts that TomTom supply as accessories that all contain the Minu USB, Audio line out and iPOD/ RDS-TMC socket:

The Brodit style mount to attach to a Brodit Pro-Clip
A windscreen mounted unit with screen sucker
A windscreen mounted unit with screen sucker and integral RDS-TMC receiver (European use only)

Any of the three above will work although as Gaitor has pointed out they can only be sourced from European retailers which seems a rather strange approach to me! - Mike

That requires the purchase of a different mount, but it's never been made available for North America.
That is why my 720 still hasn't been "upgraded" to a 740. If I can't run the audio through the car's audio system, I don't play. Oddly, that's a major ding against MANY of the Garmin series. I wouldn't touch a 1690, nice as it is, for exactly that reason, and they don't even have a Euro option to solve it.

The entire TomTom line-up has been suffering from a lack of worldwide cohesion for some time now.

Thanks for the quick response. It seems kind of dumb that the audio output was not included with all of the mounta- what did they save - half-a-buck..

I ordered an extra mount from Pro Clip (USA settings) for my 740 live, so I could connect to my ram mount. On the back of the mount there are three plugs:
1) mini USB
2) Antenna
3) the third looks like a mini audio plug,

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 376
Thanks for the quick response. It seems kind of dumb that the audio output was not included with all of the mounta- what did they save - half-a-buck..

Tomtom never released any music playing Tomtom's to the USA after the GO 730/930 in 2008. They also never released any maps for Navigator 7 for the USA.

The conspiracy theorist in me says some non-compete agreement with Apple may have been signed, in exchange for the WWDC stage time.

Go740

Sure wish I had found this forum earlier. Bought my 740 Friday (05/28/2010) expressly because I wanted to play music through my car system. Was told by a normally knowlegeable salesperson at Fry's that it had that capability. Guess I will return it and keep up the hunt. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jerry

Sure wish I had found this forum earlier. Bought my 740 Friday (05/28/2010) expressly because I wanted to play music through my car system. Was told by a normally knowlegeable salesperson at Fry's that it had that capability. Guess I will return it and keep up the hunt. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jerry

There are third party add-ins to the 740 that play music, but you can't see the navigation at the same time.

If you want a music playing Tomtom, the only one currently available in the US is the GO 730 (or the Tomtom iPhone app).

You can also get the GO 720, GO 920, or GO 930 but they're no longer available "new" in the US.

Ask a Question