Arrive sound

Hello everyone,

I have read multiple threads and done extensive google searching. I have a custom sound I downloaded in my customvoice folder which I want to replace my "you have reached your destination" voice. I cannot find anything in the voice preferences to activate it.

I am using a Tom Tom XL.

Can anyone shed some light? I have the arrival.wav sound but how do I enable it?

Chris

Sorry yeah my bad. So yeah this custom voice in my customvoice folder.... I can't figure out how to get it to work....

Well, the information on TT's site about this is here. I haven't tried it and, candidly, don't know anybody who has.

You may want to call support (866-486-6866) if you've followed the instructions and it still won't work. Also, check the compatibility chart in the link; your model may not apply.

I think I tried it in the past with unsatisfactory results. ISTR I gave up because I thought it doesn't work with a computer voice.
Decided to try it as a challenge and found out everything on my Voice preference page is greyed out except for Enable voice and Download voice.
Embarrassingly, I do not remember how to activate the rest (maybe it is the OS 8.302).

Well, the information on TT's site about this is here. I haven't tried it and, candidly, don't know anybody who has.

You may want to call support (866-486-6866) if you've followed the instructions and it still won't work. Also, check the compatibility chart in the link; your model may not apply.

Yeah that is where I went. This area here from the instructions:

"Make sure that the recorded voice is enabled in the Voice preferences menu on your device."

Arno: When I go to the voice page there does not seem to be anything of that sorts... perhaps my software? But it shows I need no updates in my tom tom tho.

In the Voice Preferences area there is no option detailing this. So I guess it is because of my model then?

I don't get why there is a custom voice folder... but yet you cannot use it.

Thanks for your help though!

Chris

Last edited:
Well, something crazy happened on the way to the forum today!

Driving out and standing at a light waiting to make a turn I remarked to SWMBO that I didn't hear anything from Kate about the turn or the name of the street into which the turn was to be made. Change preferences, Voice preferences had everything but Change voice and Download voice greyed out as I reported a couple of days ago.
Since I had nothing to loose, I clicked on Change voice, selected Kate and clicked Done. I was now asked if I wanted to select Enable recorded voice. I clicked OK (don't remember if OK or something else for a positive response), Clicked Done and immediately heard Kate say Right turn 800 meter.

At the end of the trip Kate came on again Left turn 200 meter, then you reached your destination. As we entered the parking lot the Aooga horn came on with SWMBO giving me a befuddled look, asking what that was about.

Conclusion. I the past, since having loaded the computer voices, every time I was asked to Enable recorded voice, I declined, as I have never recorded a voice. I now presume that the WAV files in the customvoice folder are considered by TomTom to be Recorded voices.

A brief demo with HOME does play the arrive.wav sound at the destination.

Arrive.wav to play your recording

Gee, the correct answer to problems of not getting an arrive.wav file to work is that you need to have a recorded voice not a computer voice operating on your TOMTOM.

Gee, the correct answer to problems of not getting an arrive.wav file to work is that you need to have a recorded voice not a computer voice operating on your TOMTOM.
Not so, read my last post again and see that it didn't work until I had both, recorded and computer voice enabled.

I'm about to give up.

Arno you said "Not so, read my last post again and see that it didn't work until I had both, recorded and computer voice enabled."

Well my XL335 does not appear to have any way of enabling both recorded and computer voices.

Have tried changing voices and nothing works (switching between computer voice and recorded voice). When I connect to the computer and do demo, what ever file I have set up in customvoice as arrive.wav seems to work just fine but not when I use the TOMTOM in the car

Tried downloading the Aooga horn and that no longer works when it did in the past. .

Should not be this difficult. I'm ready to just forget about it.

Ask a Question