Are there more "computer voices" to be had?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hi,

I have the TomTom Go 720 and from what I can tell there is only one computer voice.

I prefer the computer voice so that my navigation is a bit more useful rather than the celebrity voices.

Are there more true computer voices out there somewhere?

I don't mind paying if I have to.... but not a fan of the female one that came with the unit. (Susan)

Thanks

D.

There sure is.
Connect you're unit to HOME and input the CD your 720 came with. Click on the menu that says add voices etc. Select computer voice from CD and you will see other voice such as Dave. He is my favorite Computer voice.

Good Luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I'm trying to do this now, but I don't see a way to add voices from the CD.

I'm trying to do this now, but I don't see a way to add voices from the CD.

In HOME 2.1, you should see an option to add voices. Click voices and insert the CD containing the voices and it should show both whats on your device and the contents of the CD. From there you should be able to click on ADD to install.

In HOME 2.1, you should see an option to add voices. Click voices and insert the CD containing the voices and it should show both whats on your device and the contents of the CD. From there you should be able to click on ADD to install.

That did not work. I tried both of my drives. They show up in Windows Explorer, but not in TomTom Home.

For some reason it is not located under add voices in TomTom HOME 2. it is under another icon that says computer or something similar. HOME 2 doesn't associate computer voices with the reason of the Voices on the CD.

Ask a Question